Medify is recruiting creative and enthusiastic medical and dental students in at least their 3rd year to write UCAT SJT questions on a flexible freelance basis.
In this role, you will:
- Write scenarios for the Situational Judgement (SJT) section of the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) based on professional and ethical issues.
- Write questions and full explanations to accompany each original scenario.
Please note that UCAT SJT does not test for knowledge of medical diagnosis or treatment but focuses solely on how best to respond to ethical and professional dilemmas.
Pay, Hours and Location
- This role will be paid at £20 per hour.
- Once trained, initial weekly assignments will be small but may increase with further experience based on availability.
- This is a fully remote position for which you will need a computer and internet access.
- If you are successful in your application but would like to defer the start of your contract, an option to start in May or June is available.
- Current medical or dental student in at least your 3rd year.
- UCAT score of Band 1 in SJT.
- Experience on at least one placement as part of your medical or dental studies.
- Creativity to write scenarios that draw on your own experiences as a medical or dental student.
- Enthusiasm for helping future medical students on their educational journeys.
- Ability to explain answer logic clearly and systematically.
- Competent writing and editing skills.
How to Apply
- Please apply online by filling out and submitting this Form.
- As part of the application, you are requested to write an original SJT scenario, with full instructions and a sample provided. Medify will not use any of the scenarios written as part of the application process. If your application is successful, there may be an opportunity for you to develop your submitted scenario into a full SJT set, for which you will be paid.
- Successful applicants will be trained to write test content to our specification, and commissioned for their first assignment. If they have chosen to defer their start, this training will take place at a future time.
At Medify, we’ve been widening access to medical and dental schools since 2009 by providing high quality test content and practice tools at an affordable price. We are the number 1 choice worldwide for UCAT test prep, and we are committed to giving prospective medical and dental students the best possible support. Medify provides test prep products for a range of examinations and university admissions tests so there are many further opportunities available for enthusiastic and diligent applicants who produce high quality content.