Here, we provide you with a compilation of news relevant to medical school admissions to make sure you are all up-to-date.
Last updated Friday 20 May 2022
Updates on medical school interviews
Most medical school interviews for 2022 entry will be held online. Read the Medical Schools Council's official guidance for candidates taking interviews.
Updates on the UCAT
Dates for UCAT 2022 have been published.
Please note that some changes have been made to UCAT UK 2022:
- The number of Abstract Reasoning questions has decreased from 55 to 50
- Abstract Reasoning section timing has decreased by 1 minute
- Quantitative Reasoning section timing has increased by 1 minute (but the same number of questions as last year)
- The number of questions in the Situational Judgement Test has decreased from 69 to 66 (the time-limit remains the same at 26 minutes)
- There's a new drag-and-drop question type in the Situational Judgement Test
All other sections remain unchanged.
Updates on the BMAT
Explanation of results from the November 2021 BMAT is available. Find out about the latest score distribution.
Updates on A-level exams
- Exams will run from May - June 2022
- Results day is Thursday 18 August 2022
Find out more about 2022 A-level exams
Updates on National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher exams
- Exams will run from Tuesday 26 April - Wednesday 1 June 2022
- Results day is Tuesday 9 August 2022
Find out more about 2022 National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher exams
Updates on the GAMSAT
March 2022 GAMSAT results have been released. Log into your account to view your results.
Registration for GAMSAT September 2022 opens mid May and close on July 22.
Read the GAMSAT 2022 information booklet here
Please bookmark this page and keep checking back here for regular updates.
Studying for UCAT ANZ instead? Check out the ANZ Live Updates page.